Sunday, August 24, 2008

Gregersen Family Reunion.......Maple Grove

On Thursday night (Aug. 21st) Sawyer and I left mt parents house in Roy, Ut and headed to Scipio, UT for the Gregersen family reunion. We camped at a beautiful placed called Maple Grove. It is in between Scipio and Salina. Mike had to come from Logandale so he just met us there. When we got there Grandpa Dave and Grandpa Lum were there and all set up. Here's so pictures of the camping area.

This place is so beautiful. The stream ran right through our camp and it was so peaceful to hear it run. Sawyer was in heaven. We was able to fish, hike with Grandpa Lum, roast marshmellows and make smores, even save a little baby bird from drowning. It was fun to meet Mike's extended family. In the picture below was the group that was there the whole time we were they are.......Aunt Garna(Grandpa Lum's little sis), Uncle Floyd, Paul( Densie's hubby), Densie( Garna & Floyd's daughter), Jackie & Jeff ( Terri and Roger's daughter and son), Terri (Roger's wife), and Roger (Aunt Vera's son). And Sawyer is in front of Jackie. ( We love Jackie and can not wait until next year to go Chipmunk watching with her.)
On Friday night Sawyer went over to the stream to catch some fish and found this little bird on the edge of the river bank. She saved the poor little thing. We got a sprite box and put a shirt in it so the bird would have a soft place to sleep. Roger went and got a few worms so we could the little thing. Sawyer was so cute with it. She was singing to it and telling the bird it would be just fine. She even went out into the little wooded area and tried calling it's mother. Grandpa Dave had a great idea about putting it in the tree so the mommy bird could find it. Sawyer liked this idea.....So they did and the mommmy found the little guy. All ended well!!!!!!
Sawyer holding the baby bird.

Roger and Sawyer finding the baby bird some worms

Sawyer singing to the baby birdie!!!!!!______________________________________________

We had a great time just sitting around and talking. Sawyer went fishing about 4 times a day. We had great food and even played the famous game of Gregersen Poker. These people show no mercie!!!! We missed Grandma Kris, Grandma Gregersen, and Peggy a lot and look forward to seeing them soon. It was a lot of fun to get to know other people in Mike's family. I marreid a very wonderful man with a "Super Awesome" family. Sawyer and I love you all so much and are very proud to be a part of this family. We look forward to next year!!!! We sure missed our boys and hope that they are having a great time in Kindergarten and Middle school. Here's some of my favorite pictures from the reunion.
Jackie and Sawyer

Mike, Lisa, and Sawyer

The "Boys" playing poker

Sawyer and Grandpa Lum

I love this picture......Grandpa Lum helping Sawyer catch a fish with her little net.
Grandpa Dave & Grandpa Lum making breakfast. Yummmmmmy!!!!

Mike and Grandpa Lum

Sawyer Marie on the bridge. What a little Angel!

Sawyer and her Daddy

Grandpa Lum up to no good.
Roger, Floyd, and Densie

Paul and Sawyer catching a fish

Sawyer and Mike palying in the stream

Sawyer's "Big fish

Grandpa Dave
Sawyer and her "Small" fish

Sawyer wadding in the water

Roger, Clint, Uncle Dob( Lum's brother), and Jackie

Grandpa Dave & Mike......Like Father, Like Son

....and another one of the cutest one there....Sawyer!

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Looks like a fun trip, what a beautiful place! BTW, I love the picture of you in the sidebar. You can totally tell that you took it of yourself, HA HA! You look so pretty!

Half a dozen Gregersens said...

LOL!!!!! Austin took that picture of me. I went to reach the camera to show he again which button to push and that was the picture. That is the only picture that I have that I even like. I am never in any of the pictures. I always have to take them and if I want to be in one I have to find someone to take it. :)

Gerilyn said...

Oh it's so pretty there! We need to all go there with our rhino's. I'm glad you had fun!

Lauren said...

HEY! So I can't tell you how excited I am that we both have kndergartners!!! Sawyer and Estefan could like grow up and date and get married! Haha maybe not.. I'm getting a little carried away. But really that so fun. I'm sure I'll see ya around a whole lot more now!