Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sawyer's trip to Mesa View Hospital

So after Dad and donuts on Thursday Sawyer comes home tell me her tummy hurts. It had been hurting on and off since the night before so I was not to worried. The stomach flu has been going around and Mike was home sick with it, so no worries right? Wrong!!!!! She ate a little lunch and seemed better. She went to school at 12:05 p.m. just like any other day. Well at 3:00 p.m. I get a call from the school that she is way to sick to ride the bus home and that I needed to come and get her. When I got there she was running a fever and crying that her right side hurt really bad. We went to Dr. Gorman's office first to see if they could work us in and they were able to. (In case anyone wants to know I think he is an AWESOME doctor and I am very excited to have him here in the valley.) I am so grateful that they worked Sawyer in so quickly without an appt. Dr. Gorman checked her out and said he was pretty sure it was appendicitis. She had us to go Mesa View hospital in Mesquite. We picked up Mike on the way and headed north to Mesquite. When we got there they already knew we were coming and were ready. Thanks to Dr. Gorman! Anyways, they started her IV and did some blood work. It came back normal so we had to do a CT scan. All her symptoms were appendix but they needed confirmation that it was her appendix. She did great in the CT Scan and even drank the contrast drink without any problems. The CT scan confirmed that she had appendicitis so off to surgery my little baby went. Mike gave her a blessing before she went into surgery which calmed me down more then anyone. I was such a special moment to watch him give her this blessing and to have his love and support during this whole thing. Dr. Zinni was her surgeon and Dr. Mike put her to sleep. Everyone at the hospital was great. She came out the surgery fine and we then headed up to the 2nd floor to room 230. After we got all settled in Mike went home to sleep and I stayed with her. It was a long night for her. She was very sore. We left the hospital about 2:30 p.m. and headed home. My parents game down from Roy, UT to make sure she was ok. They stayed with us until Sunday morning and then headed home. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Butterfield for coming down. While Sawyer was in the hospital my Good friend Gerilyn brought her a goody bag. Her favorite thing in there was her new Hannah Montana pj. She loves them. Thanks so much Gerilyn for all your help during this crazy time. Sawyer had a visit from her friend McKinley who brought her a goody bag as well. We love everyone who has helped us during this time. We are lucky to have the family and friends we done. We are so blessed.

P.S.
Thanks to the Brock and Gregory families for the present also!


Sawyer in the ER waiting to see the doctor



Sawyer sticking her tongue out at her daddy



Sawyer getting some pain meds. ( Her nurse is Julie Smith from our ward)


Sawyer resting at home with Grandma Butterfield




Sawyer the next morning waiting for breakfast



Sawyer in recovery after surgery

7 comments:

Kellie said...

Man.. that is scary.. good thing she is ok.

Beckie said...

OMG I am glad she is OK. I would totally be freaking out. Its so hard to watch your babies suffer. It's awesome to have the priesthood in your home.

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the surgery! Crazy that Kaijsa had the same thing just a month ago! I hope she recovers quickly and gets to feeling better. I'm so grateful to the Priesthood and am glad y'all were able to have that comfort. Our prayers are with you! Hugs....

Vicki said...

What a crazy night! I hope she is feeling better! I had no idea what happened until Friday night, I'm so sorry! I wish I could have done something for you. Let me know if you need anything!

The Wheelers said...

I'm so sorry, poor Sawyer! (And poor parents too!) She's been through enough this year with just the dentist adventures alone. What a tough little cookie! Our prayers are with you.

mykinda said...

Oh My Heck.... Give Sawyer a big hug (but don't squish her) and tell her I Love her! Poor little squirt!
--Shirley

K and K and kids said...

That is so scary! I am glad she is OK. These darn kids...always stressing us out!