Sunday, September 28, 2008

First Soccer Game of the Year 11:00 a.m. still to HOT for the parents.


Sawyer Marie playing soccer



Yesterday was Sawyer Marie's first soccer game. Her team color is navy blue. She is on TEAM # 5. And lucky us they play every Sat. at 11:00 a.m. Just as it is starting to get nice and hot. I thought I was going to melt sitting there watching the kids play soccer. I am not sure how it doesn't effect them like it does us old people. Sawyer's team scored 3 goals and the other team scored 1. They do not keep score for winners sake, but we did!!! YEAH for the Navy Blue team. Sawyer was the goalie for the last of the game and did a great job. She has her friend Jace and Zach on her team and that is fun for her. Joseph, the little boy that I babysit is also on her team. They love going to practice together. Half way through the game she got kicked in the leg and was upset, so the coach told her to sit down for a minute. A few minutes latter he came over and told me she had taken her shirt off and said she was done. I sent Mike over to talk to her.....he told her that she needed to get back in a play. She was mad because it wasn't fair that kids got to kick each other and didn't get in trouble for it. I guess we need to explain soccer to her a little bit better. LOL!!! I tell you this girl keeps us on our toes. Austin and Blake got their soccer pictures taken yesterday also. As soon as I get them I will post them on here. I am going to try and call Dylan today and get an update one what he is up to. He is a great kid and we miss him a lot. Can't wait until Thanksgiving.!!!!!


Pep talk from the coach

Our cute little goalie

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Man, that heat was unbearable! Although, we were only there from 9:00 - 11:00!

Lauren said...

I played soccer my freshman year and I got tired of being kicked too! After that I was a dancer. Not too much contact but there was a lot of kicking!